Can business continue to keep information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) separate? What does this mean for critical communications?
Essential industries, such as energy, utilities and mining are on the cusp of transformational change — the convergence of information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT). The presentation will focus on:
- Understanding the challenges of the typically stovepiped IT and OT environments.
- Understanding the value of leveraging IT/OT convergence to increase value to the enterprise.
- Adding value to the increasing amount of highly actionable data from mobile field workers, equipment and operational processes.
- Rapid advances in asset and work management applications built for operational optimisation from the ground up.
- Improvement in safety and emergency procedure resulting from IT/OT convergence.